Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Woden's Snow Bride necklace (custom OOAK)



This is/was a custom design made for Anya Kless, a beautiful spirit and dedicated Odin'sWoman and Priestess of Lilith (and the author of the gorgeous and powerful devotional book on Her which I think everyone should read NOW!). I'm proud of it and she was happy with it. I am grateful to her for the opportunity to create something meaningful to her and significant in her devotion to her Deities.

If Anya Kless doesn't mind, I'd like to post the following notes on the design as I originally sent to her through our correspondence:

I tried to incorporate as much as I knew and the impressions I'd gotten from Woden/his mythology. I used the number 9 on the black beads and 9 snowflake obsidian stone beads. The snowflake obsidian I chose because, for one thing, I looked at it and felt it would be appropriate and/or bring an appropriate energy. Then I looked up meanings/uses for snowflake obsidian and found that it is used to purify, calm, and balance the mind with the body and soul. I also read that it is alleged to be a stone used in antiquity for scrying. They also write that it is used to "reach your inner self"....which all sounded like things of Woden's energy (i.e. divination, things to do with the mind, uncovering the inner or hidden [knowledge of] self...hidden mysteries, polarity, light and dark, black and white, crossroads, etc.)

I incorporated the shiny whites/clears because they reminded me of ice and snow....the blues I incorporated because I was reading a story of Him and one thing that stood out in my mind was the description of His stark, sharp blue eye....and at the end I have it asymmetrical to symbolize, in my mind, the missing eye. That's why you'll see one sharp blue bead (aka "the eye") with the white as the "white of the eye" and on the other side there aren't the blue and white bead pair because Woden lost His other eye.

In the middle is hanging a Reven's head. for His two Ravens, Thought and Memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment